Sales Manager Position:
For over 123 years (no that’s not a typo!), Savage’s Bicycle Centre has been a leader in Bicycle Sales and Service in Fredericton New Brunswick! We provide our customers with exemplary service and quality brand-named products to keep them riding and having fun on their bikes!
As the Store Sales Manager, you will be responsible for overseeing the operations of the retail sales department by prioritizing the customer experience, maximizing sales and profitability, building a strong team, managing merchandising and inventory control, and much more. A strong, pre-existing foundation of retail management knowledge, along with a solid understanding of bicycle sales and service will be crucial to your success in the role. You will work directly with the store owner to ensure that all aspects of the store are up to our high standards. You have experience in Sales and have acted in a managerial role for a minimum of 2 years in a retail/sales environment.
- Comfortable in all aspects of sales and customer service
- Familiar with the application of Social Media Marketing as a business tool
- Computer literate, able to process customer invoicing and payments as required
- Knowledgeable with technology, bicycles, accessories, and parts (know what is compatible & what is not, etc.)
- Able to communicate efficiently with customers and fellow employees
- Willing to continually learn and increase skills and abilities, develop professionally, keep up with new technologies
- Hard working, energetic, able to multi-task
- Positive – you have a “can do” attitude and are a team player
- Friendly, approachable, and customer-oriented
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Manage the recruitment and staffing of a sales team.
- Lead and supervise a sales team .
- Inventory input and management.
- Provide and compile sales targets, reports and metrics
- Merchandise products by creating impactful, value-driven presentations to drive sales at a high velocity (i.e end-caps, floor stacks, etc).
- Identify store needs and alter sales floor layouts and displays accordingly.
- Execute strong operational efficiency and standards.
- Develop team by training them on product knowledge, stock processing, pricing, filling and stocking floor racks, store maintenance, store operations, warehousing, increasing sales and company policies & procedures.
- Foster an excited, motivated and well-trained team by coaching and training on store operations and visual standards.
- Create and maintain a fun and exciting store environment.
- Communicate with store owner to ensure all duties are being effectively carried out.
- Present a professional image in appearance, words and action.
- Demonstrate professionalism and a personable manner which inspires the team to do the same.
- Build positive team relations, demonstrate ethical behavior, and maintain all safety guidelines.
- High school education or equivalent (university a STRONG asset).
- 4+ years of retail management experience is preferred.
- Knowledge of cycling, and sporting goods industries is required.
- Hands on working knowledge of retail systems, human resources best practices and operations.
- Ability to adapt to a fast-paced and ever-changing environment with constant shifting priorities.
- Ability to complete assigned work and projects on time within a fast, ever-changing environment.
- Organizational skills and the ability to multi-task are essential.
- Proficiency in computer use.
- Effective communication and writing skills are required.
- This is a full-time opportunity with varying hours and overtime as required - the successful candidate must be available for shifts during days, evenings, and weekends
- This position requires team members to stand for extended periods, get their hands dirty (bikes are greasy), and to move and handle boxes of merchandise (weighing up to 30 pounds) throughout the store.
Job Type: Full-time, Permanent
- $$ Bonuses
- Store discount
- Flexible Schedules as required
- Casual Dress code
PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR RESUME TO firstname.lastname@example.org -- please include references.
We thank applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
THE SMALL PRINT
- Must complete online training courses applicable to our industry.
- Must provide references in addition to a criminal record check