Are you a University student looking for full time work during the summer months and part time when school starts? If so, you’ve passed the first step to getting a job in an awesomely fun retail store!
- Reporting directly to the business owner and store managers, you will work in sales and customer service
- Actively seek new sales leads and target markets
- Greet customers and assist in finding appropriate bikes, parts, gear and accessories
- Share product knowledge and enthusiasm for bikes with customers
- Deliver professional, accessible and friendly service to our diverse customer base including phone inquiries
- Ensure every customer’s experience meets our high-quality standards
- Maintain all work and display areas to be organized, clean and safe to access
- Assist in the shop’s daily operations, including inventory management, restocking, cleaning, organizing and merchandising
- Any additional tasks that ensure excellent customer service and outstanding value
- Minimum 2+ years of proven sales performance
- Comfortable in all aspects of sales and customer service
- Familiarity with the application of Social Media Marketing as a business tool
- Computer literate, able to process customer invoicing and payments as required
- Knowledge of bicycle technology, bicycles, accessories, and parts (know what is compatible & what is not, etc.)
- Excellent communication skills with customers and fellow employees
- Desire and capacity to continually learn and increase skills and abilities, develop professionally, keep up with new technologies
- Hard working, energetic, able to multi-task
- Positive, “can do” attitude and team player
- Friendly, approachable, and customer-oriented
This is a Full-time seasonal position – (Full-time April to September, Part-time during off season September to March). This position will have the opportunity for full time yearly, and management roles as you progress within our company.
The fine print –
- You must be willing to work weekends and evenings – we are open 7 days a week.
- Attend and help organize special events as required.
- Retail experience an asset.
- Must complete online training courses applicable to our industry.
- Must be committed to continuous learning, and maintaining high product knowledge standard
- References in addition to a criminal record check are required.
PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR RESUME INCLUDING REFERENCES TO CAREERS@SBCOUTLET.COM