You never forget your first taste of real speed, you know, the kind that brings an ear-to-ear grin you just can't seem to shake. Not to worry, from grinning to winning, the Epic Comp has you covered.
A Smarter BRAIN
Mixing hardtail efficiency and full-suspension capability to impressively quick results, Epic has always been defined by uncompromised commitment to speed.
Well, that and over 100 World Cup wins and podiums too. True to form, the latest Epic continues the tradition, taking advantage of the most efficient BRAIN suspension we've ever created to ensure it's always on a first-name-basis with fast.
Re-engineered hand-in-hand with the new Epic, the latest BRAIN design resets the expectation for efficiency, employing a new race-tuned pedaling platform to ensure every watt possible is translated into forward motion, while handily soaking up momentum-killing chatter and big hits alike—all more smoothly than ever.
Redesigned with a focus on efficient power transfer and more confident handling performance, the Epic's all-new FACT 11m carbon frame features a 15-percent stiffer rear triangle in order to take full advantage of the BRAIN's new race-tuned pedaling platform, while the revised carbon layup of the front-triangle sheds weight, sending the Epic's already sky-high stiffness-to-weight ratio even higher.
- Offering 100-millimeters of brilliantly efficient BRAIN-controlled travel, the Epic’s FACT 11m carbon frame increases rear-triangle stiffness for peerless power transfer and introduces the most capable handling in an Epic yet, all while shedding weight over the previous-generation Epic.
- The Reba RL from RockShox benefits from the SID's development on the World Cup circuit, providing a race-tested Motion Control damper with external low-speed compression, lockout and rebound adjustments.
- Shimano's SLX brakes are second to none when it comes to fuss-free stopping that's light on the scale and heavy on value.
- Employing tech from upstream XT and XTR offerings, the Shimano SLX rear derailleur ticks off quick shifts and employs a wide, 12-speed range to ensure jumps between gears are as minimal and efficient as possible.
- Specialized Alloy tubeless-ready rims feature a modern 25-millimeter internal width, allowing tires to achieve their ideal profile and footprint for optimal traction.